running

Saturday, March 12, 2011 2 comments

from a health magazine, i ran through an article about the benefits of running.
here it goes...

1.potential weight loss.
2.improved cardiovascular and respiratory health (reducing the risk of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases),
3.improved cardiovascular fitness, reduced total blood cholesterol,
4.strengthening of bones (and potentially increased bone density), 5.possible strengthening of the immune system
6.improved self esteem and emotional state.
7.effectively slow or reverse the effects of aging.

My first running experience was really not easy. It was a 15k run. I put up with pain. My feet and legs endured agony. I had cramped and strained muscles. I also felt burning sensation on my chest plus the headache and back pain. In point of fact, every parts of my body complained. All were not in favor of my running activity. It was a really brute force. Nevertheless, I challenged myself. I didn’t give up. I never listened to my body’s complaints. After about an hour and a few minutes I reached the finished line.

this experience happened 3 years ago. since then i've been joining different runs...if my schedule is free.

2 comments: to “ running so far...

my passion

my passion