kingpin wins

Monday, January 2, 2012 0 comments

Christmas is the only time of year when no foreign films are shown in the cinema house to give way for MMFF (Metro Manila Film festival) . It’s the time of year when Filipinos watch more than one motion picture in a day.


Only one film caught my attention: MANILA KINGPIN: The Asiong Salonga Story.

It is about the life and times of Tondo’s notorious gang leader who ruled from the late 1940s until his untimely death in 1951, at age 27.

The idea of black and white film on the big screen aroused my curiosity. I enjoyed watching it. Great editing, cinematography and musical score

My favorite scenes were the kalesa chase, gangman in a bicycle while gun shooting and the gunfight highlighted with background music of “Tears for Fears’ Mad World.

































0 comments: to “ kingpin wins so far...

my passion

my passion