a different note

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1 comments

i love music. i enjoy watching people sing. i have my own favorite singers. i even enjoy singing.videoke bar is a favorite hang out.i can tell if a person can sing well or not. i can tolerate out of tune songs. however, what i cannot bear is seeing and hearing celebrities (actors) on tube trying very hard to perform and pretend they can also sing aside from acting on the big screen. that's a No-No!

i never imagined myself in that scenario. never in my entire life will i waste my time watching someone do a concert whom i know can't carry a tune.

i swallowed my words.last friday ,aug15, my steps led me to music museum to meet with my cousin & her hubby. i joined them in watching a concert dubbed as " gabby concepcion: on a different note". what convinced me in joining them is the guests the "comeback actor" has on his show. both queens in the music scene...comedy concert queen (ai-ai de las alas) and the real concert queen (pops fernandez).

i was surprised/amazed. gabby can actually sing. he can carry a tune. his choice of songs are great. fit to the quality of his voice. filipino love songs. 80's hits. he sang duet with the "queens". and would you believe, at the end of the show,after he left the stage,the audience shouted MORE.. MORE.. MORE.. as expected he went back on stage.. got the mic and asked.."sigurado kayo?" his last song moved me.it was a favorite of mine. it's called "hanggang". i always sing it on videoke.did he do justice to the song? lemme just say i had a different perception on the man after the concert. he doesn't only have good looks. he's got real talent!

1 comments: to “ a different note so far...

  • Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM
     

    regardless if gabby concepcion can sing or not... i still don't like him. it looks like he's tryingso hard to penetrate the mainstream again no matter what the cost.

    pairing up with claudine barretto, wanting to have a singing career and a movie? come on....

    can someone say... trying hard much?

my passion

my passion