.....alcohol you later...!

Monday, July 28, 2008 2 comments

a balance between life & work is very important in a very demanding career environment... the best solution to stress, pressure & tension caused by work is.. TO PARTY..!

the upper management team in our department held a party at a famous bar. the party centered around the consumption of beer and other liquor beverages... the drink was coupled with music...the music was selected and played by a DJ over a powerful stereo system... we had house music, techno music, rave music!

but wait..there's more...

midddle of the night...when almost everybody was drunk...a "live band" was set up..the group was good.. vocalists had potentials...they played songs...old and new... fast and slow... time passed... a big surprise was blown... i was gulping my 9th bottle when i heard my name being called by the lady vocalist...requesting me to be on stage to sing duet with her... it was my colleagues' idea... i heard myself saying a loud "NO"! i wanted to walk out... but that's very childlike... and so, i was forced to give in to their desire... slowly my steps led me.... on stage!

i took a deep breath... became conscious of my posture...and....and...and...started to sing...

it was a love song... i knew i was out of pitch... the lady vocalist made it easier for me... when she sensed i cant carry the tune.. she outvoiced me....my office mates started screaming...applause everywhere... which was so funny...because when they did it.... my voice cant be heard... only the music... one will hardly notice that i was really out of tune...i prayed for the song to end sooner and hope my office mates wont scream and say .....more...more.. MORE PRACTICE!

my so called "performance" has added color to the night...i must admit, i had a great time singing with the band... and i wouldnt mind doing it again on the next parties to come...i just have to do constant practice...HA-HA!

that's the spirit!

2 comments: to “ .....alcohol you later...! so far...

my passion

my passion